Saturday, October 17, 2009

MUMBAI MERI JAAN!

Hello Everybody,

How have you been? Hope you're doing great....well please accept my sincere apologies for not updating my blog on time....blame it on my hectic travel schedule....yes, a one month trip to Bombay nee Mumbai (India)...a trip which was filled with some good and bad, happy and sad moments and some which took me down the memory lane. So are you ready?

Let's start with the good one's first! Though it was planned to be a one month trip....but I guess it was only meant to be a 15 day holiday....confused?? Well, I was put up on bed as I'de been terribly ill....so 15 days on bed and next 15 days of exhilarating fun! Anyway no regrets!



Well, it was a wonderful meeting with some of my good friends whom I was meeting after a gap of one year. But what touched me was their enthusiasm and joy to meet me (unlike the typical conclusion I have of Bombaites who live to the maxim : Out of sight is out of mind!!! But thank God my friends are a bit different!!!)

So like any gang of pals, we had our share of frequent outings, lunches and dinners and of course two movies which I saw....one that was good which I'd definitely like to recommend to all...District 9!! A mind-blowing film....for the first 10-15 minutes in the cinema hall as the lights went off I thought what a boring movie it was....a typical documentary format where young men and women from MNU offices giving their reactions and quick intercuts where visuals of a young reporter is interspersed in between....but after 15 minutes the plot took shape.....and if you take my verdict....I'd say GO FOR IT....ITS OUTSTANDING!

Now come to the second film which I saw was a Hindi film...yawn yawn yawn????....What's your Rashee??? (in English it translates, What's your Zodiac sign?) I'd say that since it is adapted from a book...that's the only plus point from the uniqueness of the concept. No film on the zodiac sign has been ever attempted before....But what surprises me the most is that an ace Oscar nominated director who has handled big budget films simply couldn't pull off this light-hearted, low budget comedy film!!! This one is definitely a no-no for those who wish to see it or even waste their time watching it on TV!!! First of all 12 avatars of Piggy Chops (Priyanka Chopra), some characters etched out well, some far too unbelievable and some far too insignificant, on top of that an insipid plot and an illogical climax!! The film had some good moments. Period

Anyway, but when you're with friends...it really doesn't matter whether the film is good or bad or so-so....but I gave you these details just in case you're deciding on watching any of these films...so I issued you an alert!!!

Then the whole atmosphere in the group became sombre and emotional when we visited the Taj Hotel and the Gateway of India and reminisced that blood bath in Indian history when the historic Taj hotel overlooking the Arabian sea came under siege on November last year and kept the whole country gripped when terrorism popped her ugly head and took away some brave men and innocent lives. (See pic, me and my group of friends stand in front of the Taj Hotel)

And this blogpost will be incomplete without a mention of Bombay's incessant rains that kept me sitting at home for days ,but no sweat....tweeting kept me busy. You can follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/cool_sonyaa

Then on 30th September, me and my mother had a little ceremony in memory of our dear pet Sunshine who left for his heavenly abode on 30th August. Venue - Park, Guest invites - Rabbits (wish I could take them all home!!)

So, this was a little account of my trip....and now's the time to say Goodbye! But before I go.....must remind you again that if you have anything interesting to share, an incident, an escapade or anything if you feel would be of interest to our readers....then do not forget to send them over!
Write in to me at - sonyaa.random.musings@gmail.com

Take care and ciao until next month.
Love, 

Sonyaa

No comments:

Rate this Article

Copyright © 2012 Sonyaa's Random Musings