Saturday, September 1, 2012

INTRODUCING MY SHORT FILM - "THE OTHER SIDE..."

Hi Friends,

How have you been? Trust all's well at your end? Did you enjoy reading my last month's post?? But..hey, I didn't hear from you through your comments??? Even if you didn't...you can always say so!!

Anyway..in this month's blog post I've got a surprise in store! And today, I thought I'd share the news exclusively on my blog...Howzzzat???  Tired of waiting....okay so here it is..early this year I debuted as a short film maker...yep, I took my baby steps in writing, scripting, editing and directing my short film!  Now months after completion of the film as I look back, I realize it was nothing but a miracle on how it all magically unfolded! And I just can't stop thanking God enough for the people who so willingly and wholeheartedly chose to join me and be a part of this enriching experience. 


Rehearsal time!!
So, this month's blog is also a tribute to the spirit of those who worked in front and behind the camera in different capacities - be it  actors, cinematographer, production associates, music composer, vocalist etc. Now you all must actually be wondering on why am I profusely thanking people and that they were might as well just going about doing their job etc. Well, then let's acquaint you with some ground realities as I began putting this 11 minutes short story together. 

Look who got clicked!
Making this short film was like literally putting together a jigsaw puzzle piece by piece especially since my involvement in the film was at all levels and more importantly, I didn't have a budget in the first place to make the film, hence I couldn't afford the services of a professional cast and crew.  At this juncture I must express gratitude to those in my neighbourhood whom I met as strangers but who out of sheer goodwill volunteered to join our team as actors and technicians in our maiden production. Also, I'd like to make a mention of Kevin MacLeod, an accomplished music composer, someone whom I have never met but would like to thank for being so large-hearted by sharing his music to the world!


Getting ready for the take!
The next challenge which I was obviously aware of was that none of our cast members ever had a brush with acting which was definitely an uphill task for me as far as performance was concerned .But by hindsight, I was prepared for that, hence I had knowingly chosen a smaller canvas with a small ensemble and an even compact script. We were just a team of 12, six cast and six crew members, but the dedication and commitment displayed by each one of them in their approach towards the project and their multi-tasking skills was no less than a professional!

It was a layered challenge as I had to complete the shoot during the weekend and in just two days since I was dealing with 'real' people who had to go about their regular jobs the following day. Of course I had to dabble at every stage of production, besides of course that I was writing the story, script, screenplay, editing and directing the film but I had to be there during the rehearsals, scouting locations and even prop the scene! Now, the best part of this whole process right from the pre-production to the actual filming was that I enjoyed every moment and will always cherish it!  It was positive to note that prior to the filming we were all very well acquainted with each other through our meetings and rehearsals. Hence, when the filming began, we were already a team; focussed bang on with the task ahead of us; the spirit was upbeat as each one of us was supercharged to put our best foot forward!  




Farewell time...last day of the shoot!
I sincerely believe what blesses one, blesses all. And I as a film maker, the gift I endeavour to give my team which I am already doing at this moment as I write this blog is to ensure that our short film gets the maximum exposure worldwide and each one's potential be seen, recognised and tapped in the right direction that would culminate into newer oportunities and future ventures. I know that I may not have made the greatest film...but in all humility I'd say is that today I have made a new beginning!!

Now after reading my production notes, I'm sure there are questions in everyone's mind at this moment and that's - What is the name of the film? What's it all about? When is it releasing? Now, out of the three questions I've just raised, I have the answer to just one! The name of our film is "The Other Side..." .Now, if I told you everything about the film in this post itself...you wouldn't wait for my next month's posting...would you? So wait on! 


Poster Alert - "The Other Side..." 

Now the next big surprise is... that we are unveiling the poster (see pic) of our film right here for our dear readers! And as far as the release of our film is concerned, we are well aware that in India there is no market for short films as compared to the West, but we hope to make it available for viewing through an online video library. However, those interested in the distribution or have any queries regarding our film, please email us at - sonyaa.random.musings@gmail.com
  
Hope you liked our this month's surprise? Next month, we have some more coming up...until then write in your feedback and send us your good wishes either through email or in the comments section of this blogpost! For all the latest updates, join us on our facebook page -http://www.facebook.com/Sonyaa.Random.Musings and follow us on twitter too! http://twitter.com/cool_sonyaa 

Take care and ciao!
Love,
Sonyaa

1 comment:

Varun said...

This is simply amazing !!!

Congratulations !!!!!!!!


My best wishes to you with this venture !! Very eagerly waiting for the release of this film ! Btw, I think Internet can help you a lot with the publicity.

Rate this Article

Copyright © 2012 Sonyaa's Random Musings