Sunday, August 1, 2010

'MY LIFE IS SUDDENLY AT RED ALERT NOW....', SAYS JESSY RANDHAWA

Hello Everybody...

How have you been? Trust all's well at your end!  This month on Sonyaa's Random Musings I have yet another interesting interview for you...Remember, a month back we had ace choreographer Sandip Soparrkar getting candid when he spoke about his love for work, his attitude towards it, his likes, dislikes etc and about an important person who's an integral and inseparable part of his life...well if you had read his interview carefully..you'd have known what I was talking about! And we simply couldn't resist the temptation either of interviewing that special person...yes I am talking of his gorgeous better half and super-model wife Jasmeet Randhawa better known as Jessy Randhawa...we could easily give them the title of the "Honeymooning Couple" (Touch-wood!)....and you'll know why when you read this month's interview as Jesse bares her heart when she talks about her journey from a 19 year-old girl making it to the ramp, her challenges, her struggle and the love of her life - Sandip Soparrkar!

This stunning long-legged dusky beauty has graced the ramp for top-notch fashion designers of the country, launched a number of brands, set the television on fire with her dare-devil stunts, gyrated to Jassi's tune and went deglam for her debut film Gulal needs no introduction...but for starters, you definitely want to know more about her!
Chic...that's Jessy for you!
So..here we are -

  • Debuted on the ramp at 19, 4th Runners-Up at Femina Miss India Contest 1994
  • Was chosen to walk the runways in Germany for the world-renowned ‘Igedo Fashion Fair’ for over 3 year
  • Walked the ramp for international designers like Tristano Onofri, Jr. Willy Bogner and Torsten Amft besides A-list fashion designers of India with the likes of - Wendell Roderick, Sabyasachi Mukerjee, Manish Malhotra, Vikram Phadnis, Rohit Bal, Abu Jani & Sandeep Khosla, JJ Valaya, Hemant Trivedi, Neeta Lulla, Suneet Verma, Ritu Beri, Ritu Kumar, Satya Paul and many others... 
  • Graced the cover of leading national and international magazines like: Femina, India  Luxury,Today, The Man, Elle, Snoop, Cosmopolitan, Gentleman, Women World, Brunch, Citadel, World etc...
  • Her debut music album by singer Jassi was a rage all over with the guys going Kudi-Kudi!
  • Runners up at the biggest TV reality show ‘Khatron Ke Khiladi level II’ (better known as the Indian ‘Fear Factor’) with Akshay Kumar.
  • Is a qualified licensed pilot too!
  • Has a keen interest in Latin American and Ballroom dancing, making her the only Indian dancing model
  • Trained martial artist with expertise in Taekwondo, Arnis and kickboxing
  • Nominated at the 16th Star Screen Awards for ‘Best Newcomer of 2009’ for the film ‘Gulaal’

  • Her recently released film is ‘Love Khichdi’ starring Randeep Hooda and directed by Shrinivasan
 So...let's get-set-go!!

Sonyaa: How did you come into modelling?
Jessy: I won the Miss Jaipur pageant and went on to participate in the Femina Miss India contest in 1994 where I was the 4th Runners Up…after that there was no looking back.

Sonyaa: We also know you have a sister Saadhika who is an actress down South and did a couple of Hindi films in the late mid-1990's....so did you decide to give it a shot after your sister decided to step into the glam world?
Jessy: Well, she is my younger sister…I first won the Miss Jaipur in 1993 and she followed it with the title in 1995. So, I was already in this field before she stepped in so I do not know if I was my younger sister's inspiration, never got a chance to ask her though.

Jasmeet to Jessy Randhawa..
Sonyaa: How did your parents react when you told them you wanted to model?
Jessy: My parents were very supportive. In fact it was my father who encouraged me to model. He’d always tell me, “Jessy, you have everything that these models have, start modeling”.      

Sonyaa: So, how did Jasmeet Randhawa become Jesse Randhawa?
Jessy: People in the industry have a problem with short names I guess…industry people started calling me ‘J’ and some called me Jessy. Infact when I moved to Germany to model for few years, people there started calling me ‘Jaesae’... so I have many names actually!!

Sonyaa: It's been more than a decade since you started modelling...what changes have taken place during the last few years?
Jessy: The changes that I have seen over the years is that there are lots more models, lots more shows, lots more outfits and lots more designers!

Sonyaa: Considering the stressful and hectic lifestyle a model leads....what is it that's important to fall back upon at the end of the day?
Jessy: I feel the most important part is the love and support of one’s family and of course a warm hug from my husband (smiles)

Sonyaa: Tell us about your early days in modeling and the times when depression, loneliness got the better of you and how did you handle it?
Jessy:Everyone goes through those bouts of depression at some point in time and as any other human being I too went through ups and downs…but I could gather myself because of belief in myself and my inner strength.  

Sonyaa: What transformation have you seen in yourself over the years when you reflect back on your early days in modelling and compare yourself now?
Jessy:There has been a big transformation in me … I have become more expressive on the ramp. Now when I receive compliments from people about my attitude and expression on the ramp, it makes me feel more contented and proud of my hard work which has finally paid off.

Sonyaa:When is your birthday Jessy? I read it’s somewhere around the corner . So, you turn a year older....you also turn wiser as they say...what's it been in your case?
Jessy:Actually, my birthday is on the 23rd November… and who says you turn older, I turn younger each year and being in the industry for 16 years proves it so!


From glam to deglam - a still from Gulal
Sonyaa: Finally,you made your debut in Bollywood with Anurag Kashyap’s Gulal, are you happy with the way your career is shaping up?
Jessy: I was very happy with the response I got for Gulal. I was nominated for the Best Newcomer of the Year by Screen. Now, I am waiting for something even more interesting and exciting to come my way!

Sonyaa: You could have taken the plunge early on...
Jessy: I believe that things happen when they are meant to happen.Yes,I got many offers before but waited for the right project to come my way.

Sonyaa: Any films in the pipeline?
Jessy: Yes, I’m reading a few scripts at the moment... when something is finalized, sure you all will know.

Sonyaa: Will you pursue both modelling and films simultaneously or would you give up modelling for films?
Jessy:It all depends on which project interests me more…

Sonyaa:Coming to the personal front, how did you tango with Sandip? You’re from the world of modelling and he a choreographer... how did you two meet?
Jessy: I gave an audition for Pooja Bhatt’s Holiday and Sandip happened to be the choreographer of the film. I couldn’t do the film as I was taller to Dino. Later Sandip called me to dance for one of his shows and that’s how we became friends.

Sonyaa: Was it love at first sight?
Jessy: No… not all… not for me at least! But he says yes it was for him though I found him very handsome and thought his bum was too cute, lips chewable…it was not love for me, but something else..

Meet Mrs. Jessy Randhawa Soparrkar!

Sonyaa: When was it you realized that you wanted to spend the rest of your life with him?
Jessy: When he came to pick me up one day…he was dressed all red - hot red track pants, red car and red umbrella, that’s when I said, ‘Wow…my life is suddenly at red alert now!’

Sonyaa: How did he propose to you?
Jessy: Infact till date he has never proposed to me… how sad Na! Please tell him to propose to me… hope after reading your interview he will!

Sonyaa: Have you adjusted to your home and of course you have a little son too...so how's life changed after marriage for Mrs. Jessy Randhawa Soparrkar?
Jessy: In fact there’s not much change… just my residence has moved to his. We spent so much time together before marriage that moving into his house was not difficult at all and Arjun of course is a lovely boy.

Sonyaa: And how do you strike that fine balance between your home and work?
Jessy: Having a versatile nature it’s not difficult for me to adjust to my surroundings.

Sonyaa:Sandip says that your advice always works for him,you're his lucky mascot if I may say...
Jessy:Oh really …he never says this to me directly… Nice to know this from you… feels superb to know, please ask him to say this to me!

Sonyaa: What is that one thing between the two of you that makes it click?
Jessy: Probably it is because of our different nature and as human beings that makes it clicks! He is flamboyant while I am reserved, he is social while I love being at home, he likes to sleep late and wake up as early as 5 am! They say, opposites attract and that’s true in our case!

Sonyaa:Finally, it's time to go...Jesse, any piece of advice you'd like to give to those who wish to pursue a career in the glam world?
Jessy:Just be yourself and never be lost in the glamour and crowd.

SOME QUICK TAKES...
Your favorite actor/actress... Kirron Kher
Your favorite film... Sadma
One dream role you'd give your eye and teeth for...Trinity in Matrix
Life is ... Positive acceptance
Modelling is...like a flamingo bird
One song that truly means a lot to you... Not a song kind
Three qualities you like about Sandip...his positive attitude, his innocence and his happy go lucky nature…

And before I go…do not forget to share your views, comments and feedback on this month’s special with Jessy Randhawa.

Take care and see you all until next month.
Love,
Sonyaa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Sonyaa,
Its a brilliant interview! In matter of just 500 words (I think) it covers a vast ground!! Now perhaps you can explore the possibility of video interviewing the celebrities right from your browser!!! Take Care

Rate this Article

Copyright © 2012 Sonyaa's Random Musings